Coalition For Human Rights Education (COHRE) is a registered Non-Governmental and Non-profit organization comprising of members drawn from diverse backgrounds who have come together to promote human rights through Advocacy and capacity building to individuals and communities about basic human rights and help change the attitudes and welfare of those affected children, women, LGBTI and other minorities.
It was formed in Uganda by Seven individuals to support people who have been victims of Human Rights violations in order to learn about their experiences and to help improve their well being, while at the same time, teaching people throughout the Country how to work together to develop their knowledge and social understanding of the meaning and importance of Human Rights respect, and how to prevent abuse and live in harmony.
We believe that awareness of one’s rights can help guard against excessive power of individuals exercising inappropriate control over other lives. This knowledge can positively create a fairer, more tolerant society hence giving everyone a chance to flourish as human beings.
Focus our work towards overcoming misconceptions, stigma and discrimination about human differences and to ensure a life of freedom, harmony and dignity for all.
To develop and strengthen the well being, health and livelihoods of the people and promote the popularization of the 1949 UN Universal Declaration on Human Rights to improve knowledge on humane, non discriminatory acts and respect of fundamental freedoms.
- To create awareness among the people marginalized on prevailing situation of services and encourage them on how they can undertake suitable projects and programs to improve individual and group welfare.
- To undertake skill development through training programs for women, the LGBTI and children in society on such skills like talent development, computing and other handicrafts to assist them to be self reliant.
- To train individuals in matters of law and health through our partnerships and network collaborations with other organizations in order to equip them with tools of self defense and care for other Humans.
- To establish manageable Training and resource Center for Community Development Training for various in need people on health, sexual behavioral changes and how to tackle communicable diseases
Community Empowerment Programs
Recruitment of Staff | Orientation and Stake holders etc. | Baseline survey and selection of beneficiaries | Training for group leaders | Technical Support
- Holding workshops and seminars,
- Discussions about Topical issues e.g. health, stigma etc.
- Collaboration with community leadership and finding out facts
- Investigating Human right failures and documenting e.g. exclusions on education and health issues, domestic violence etc
- Documentary and other video recording activities shared, discussed, and on point
- Support and or aided individual projects for women and girls.